Costambar Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Costambar Community Forum

Costambar is a beach community located in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterForum RulesLog in

Report From APC Pesident

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stephenncullen

Report From APC Pesident Empty
PostSubject: Street lighting   Report From APC Pesident Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:37 pm

I asked at the Sept meeting if street lighting could be repaired in front of my house. Liana agreed to look after the issue and I now observe that this has been done. Thanks, Liana !
Back to top Go down
gymbar

PostSubject: Re: Report From APC Pesident   Report From APC Pesident Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 11:45 pm

I heard that happened in the last week or two & the house was empty & being watched by local people of "dubious" character, but I may have been mis-imformed - which is common in this town.

Anyway, as always we are responsible for our own security which is why NOBODY comes into our home whom we do not know well & TRUST IMPLICITLY.

Surprise, surprise we haven't had any such problems :-)
Back to top Go down
gusgmn

PostSubject: Thefts   Report From APC Pesident Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 10:34 am

Did the theft of a plasma TV, a 5.5KW inversor and a ransacking of a house near the laguna happened more than 8 weeks ago? How does that stuff get out of Costambar? Or does it?
Back to top Go down
sylindr

PostSubject: Re: Report From APC Pesident   Report From APC Pesident Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:32 pm

Somewhere I recall reading that as of April 15, 2010 there would be new re-calculated APC fees sent out to residents. I have not received anything at my home and would be interested in starting to pay the fees and would like a bill so i can review it and begin.

thanks,

i am located at #8 Calle Principal, it can be left in the gate like all the other bills I receive
Back to top Go down
Bob
Admin

PostSubject: Report From APC Pesident   Report From APC Pesident Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Sat, July 17, 2010 12:30:55 PM
RE: News from Costambar/APC
Yash-Hemu Aggarwal <haggarwal@hotmail.com> [Chat now]

Greetings from Costambar. Just a follow up on a few things and share with you several pieces of good news.

1. The radio security network is fully operational. There are 12 subscribers excluding the security personnel. Already this week the network proved its effectiveness in 2 cases. In the first case, Suzanne Basille's employee Blanco called the Costambar security and they responded immediately and took care of the situation. In the second case Abby Inoa's watchman called the security and that too was resolved satisfactorily.

2. Two more property owners have expressed the desire to acquire radios for their workers. The new batch of radios will be ordered from the United States and I will bring them back from the U.S. in mid-September. If any one else is interested in joining the network please let me know by the first week of August before I order additional radios. The cost of each radio is U.S.$150.00

3. Sandro informs us that there has not been a successful attempt of theft or robbery in Costambar during the past 10 weeks.

4. Good news concerning the main entrance road to Costambar. Polanco received information from the contractor responsible for the repairs of the road that this road will definitively be asphalted shortly. Apparently, the contractor has been paid in advance to finish the work.

5. The process of covering all employees of APC with social security is fully underway and will be completed by the end of this month.

6. Significant Savings on Bank Charges: Up to now we the APC had been paying Scotia Bank more than 1000 pesos per month for various bank charges and state taxes on checks issued and did not receive any interest on deposited amounts except the small account in US Dollars.. I did some investigation with other banks as to their bank account policies. Thereafter, I met with the manager of Scotia Bank and threatened to take the accounts to another bank unless Scotia Bank came up with more favorable terms. They took a week but finally offered a product with terms that will result in a net inflow of almost a 1000 pesos per month to APC after paying their charges and state taxes on checks instead of an outflow of a 1000 pesos. That is APC gains almost 2000 pesos per month henceforth. The amount will fluctuate with the amount of deposits earning interest.

Lastly, Costambar is unusually quiet and peaceful.

Yash Aggarwal

APC President

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report From APC Pesident   Report From APC Pesident Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Report From APC Pesident
Page 1 of 1