Costambar Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Costambar Community Forum

Costambar is a beach community located in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterForum RulesLog in

CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
suzb

CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND! Empty
PostSubject: CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND!   CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:28 pm

I am not receiving emails since yesterday something has changed in the set-up, does anyone know what happened and/or what to do ?????
Back to top Go down
luzcace

PostSubject: Re: CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND!   CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 9:50 am

I can receive, but not send any e-mails
Back to top Go down
http://www.luzcace.wordpress.com
suzb

PostSubject: Re: CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND!   CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 6:00 pm

I'm still in the States and would like to get this cleared up before I get to Costambar. I had received an email from Codetel indicating that they were increasing capacity on Dec 10th or whatever they were doing but nothing mentionned that one would suddenly not be able to sign on with ones password. I guess I will have to call them I hate to do that it takes all day :-)
I had checked "Living" on DR1 and some people indicated a problem but then the the topic was closed I wondered why that was.
I had hoped that some of you in Costambar would have an answer for it all.
Back to top Go down
luzcace

PostSubject: Re: CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND!   CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 8:01 pm

I guess something wrong with their server, probably the best is just to wait, dont think much point calling them, probaly hundreds of others did already.
Back to top Go down
sue

PostSubject: Re: CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND!   CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 8:42 pm

Hi both
yes i inderstand a few problems with Codetel e-mail, I dont bother with it if you get all your e-mail addresses why not open MSN/Yahoo or simular you can pick up these e-mail from any comp and cant loes any info as its on the server,hope this helps

Sue
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: Re: CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND!   CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 9:58 pm

I received an e mail from Claro, that as of December 10 they will start making changes in the capacity of our mail systems. Change to larger capacity.

I was in Punta Cana this weekend, but I just realized that I have the same problems as you are mentioning.
I guess they are using the weekend to get part of the job done. They always used to do so in the past in order not to disturb businesses at weeks days.

I do call Claro tomorrow if it doesn’t get better, because I also have the problem, that I receive the same e mails 3 or 4 times , which is very disturbing and confusing. Shocked
Back to top Go down
suzb

PostSubject: Re: CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND!   CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:23 pm

Thank you everyone for your input.
Sue I did go out to Webmail and was not able to get on, it would not accept my password.
I will wait a few days before calling as suggested, in the meantime maybe you Anette will find out something when you call.
I had also received the same letter from Codetel that you did and my not being able to access Codetel started with the date they mention when they would implement the upgrade which was Dec 10th
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: Re: CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND!   CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:24 pm

I guess we ALL have the same problems with our Claro mail.

I receive, but I cannot send! Error sign pops up by sending.
I have called Claro many times during the day, but I think their lines collapsed, because when you reach your “final destination” after pressing 3, 2 and 1 and whatever, you just get the bi bi bi , as if the line is busy.
At our office in Puerto Plata we have the same problem, so the problem must be general!

I really think the service was hundred times better, when we had Verizon years ago! What do you think? (Not that they care about our opinion I believe…)
Did you also have problems during the last months with the connection? My connection is unstable and they disconnect the internet for few minutes again and again, which is very disturbing if you are in the middle of something.

Anybody having experience with Orange wireless?
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: Re: CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND!   CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:29 pm

Oh, I just wanted to tell you Suzanne, that by sending mails I receive the error message that my password is wrong, so they must have created a mess.. Therefore you cannot get in through web mail either!
I guess we have to be patient (as always here..) Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: Re: CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND!   CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:40 pm

And Suzanne, I think Sue mend, that you should create an alternative e mail address over for example Yahoo in order not to depend only on Claro..
I did that years ago and it is comfortable to use. You can export your address book from Claro to Yahoo afterwards , which is easy! You can access your account from any computer and it is free! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sue

PostSubject: Re: CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND!   CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Thank you Anette yes thats what I meant its just do easy to use and you dont have to be on your own comp to get your mail

Sue
Back to top Go down
luzcace

PostSubject: Re: CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND!   CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 7:02 am

seems that everything works fine again
Back to top Go down
suzb

PostSubject: Re: CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND!   CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 11:34 am

I have a yahoo address which I am using most of the time now. I had an AT&T address and when they upgraded they zapped my email address by mistake "if such a thing is possible" It took forever to get things straightened out that is when I started using the yahoo address more. I also have an email address here at work.
So Sue you and Anette are saying that you are not using the Codetel address at all.
Back to top Go down
sue

PostSubject: Re: CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND!   CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 8:23 pm

Hi Suzanne
I never use codatel I cant even remember how lol I always use msn, the good thing about that is that I can get it on any pc not just my own
The e-mails that you use from your provider are ok but are only on your pc

Sue
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: Re: CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND!   CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:24 pm

Well, I definitely use my mail address at Codetel/Claro - the ones ending with codetel.net.do.
Normally it works very good I think. I only have problems if I want to send to multiple receivers like the Costambar mailing group. Then they block the mails thinking it is spam I guess.
If you have a codetel.net.do account you can easily connect to your mail box from any computer using web mail. You go to www.codetel.net.do and using your username and password you can assess your account.
( sorry, Sue, but your information was not quite correct…)
Well, you have to “tell” your principal computer to keep a copy of the messages for a specific time ( you can choose 5 days or 14 days - whatever you want). The messages are automatically deleted from the server, when they have stayed the time you have decided they should stay.
If you don’t “tell” your computer to keep a copy for a specific time, the messages are automatically deleted, when you use your home computer and check for mails in the mail box.
My husband and I are using the same mail address at Codetel/Claro, so therefore I have the server to keep a copy for a few days. Then one of us can still connect to the mailbox from the distance, although one of us might have downloaded the messages at the home computer.
I think it is very comfortable this way, because I can check my mails, when I am away on vacation. Old messages and your address book or contacts are not available at web mail, but I do think you can export your adresses to your mail box at web mail if you want to. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: Re: CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND!   CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:30 pm

I forgot to say, that I have both Codetel/Claro AND Yahoo mail - also for security reasons. If one is not working, you can use the other one..
And the mailboxes at Yahoo etcetera have to be used regularly If they are inactive for a specific period of time (I don’t know exactly how long) then they are deleted and you loose all your information.
Back to top Go down
suzb

PostSubject: Re: CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND!   CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 12:30 pm

Well I was JUST able to access the NEW Codetel webmail and receive my mail. I won't know if I can receive with Microsoft Outlook until this evening when I am home and use my laptop, but......there is progress :-) At least I know that my email and password are still good. Computers are wonderful until something goes wrong. Thank you all for helping me along.
Yes Sue we would be happy to have you come with us to Church. Last year we found a darling little Church in a Convent not far from us in the Hills It was a lovely place, many of the sisters were relatively young and sang beautifully. I definitely would like to go there again. It was a new discovery even after all these years of living in the D.R.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND!   CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CODETEL EMAIL RECEIVE/SEND!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Costambar Community Forum :: General Discussions :: Useful Information-
Jump to: