Costambar Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Costambar Community Forum

Costambar is a beach community located in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterForum RulesLog in

buisiness opportunities

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gymbar

buisiness opportunities Empty
PostSubject: Re: buisiness opportunities   buisiness opportunities Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:36 am

That sounds like a fantastic idea! Costambar needs all the bars it can get & everybody i talk to would love a traditional Olde Ale House in town.

If you & your wife are serious about this venture I suggest you search the net for properties to buy in Costambar - ignore rentals, this is a booming market & you don't want to miss out - arrange to view as soon as you can & have funds ready for a quick closing. Prices are cheap as chips nowadays & you can't help but run a successful bar in this town!
Back to top Go down
austin p

PostSubject: Re: buisiness opportunities   buisiness opportunities Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 3:01 pm

thankyou for your message back gymbar,we have all our funds in place and are very serious about this,we have looked on lots of websites on costamber and the property seems very,very cheap,we expected to pay 4x more so financially we are in an excellent position.we havent made up our minds definately on the DR,but will i think!
Back to top Go down
sue

PostSubject: Re: buisiness opportunities   buisiness opportunities Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 8:05 pm

Hi Austin
my advice to you both is dont do it lol,unless of course your a long way from my little cafe
jokes aside Gymbar is right we do need another good eating place, but be aware you will never get rich here its because you want to do it,
we are very very busy in the winter but in the summer not many people about ( time to re-charge your batteries )
Also as I put in one of my other posts be aware that the power to Costambar can be very bad at times.

Having said that what better way to get to know your locals and make good friends

Sue x
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: Re: buisiness opportunities   buisiness opportunities Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 10:16 pm

Austin
Seriously I would suggest that you and your family travel to Costambar and stay for a while - maybe in a rented place to begin with.
There are plenty of places for rent and not very expensive.
Once you are here, you have time to check everything = properties for sale and possibilities in general.
You will find happy people here, however you will also find people, who might have moved somewhere else, if they had known the country better before.
If you feel good here - great! Then you can find real cheap properties.
You don’t feel that good here - well, then you haven’t lost that much either!
In my opinion you should be careful opening a restaurant here. It depends on your expectations off course, however many - very many restaurants have opened and closed again in Costambar over the last years. And “high standard places” is difficult according to my humble opinion!
But once you are here - without any big commitment to begin with - you can slowly check the place and consider what is best for you and your family.
Once you have bought a property no matter how cheap, it is almost impossible to sell it again if you change your mind later on!
Best wishes.
Back to top Go down
austin p

PostSubject: Re: buisiness opportunities   buisiness opportunities Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 7:37 am

hi ,austin checking in,first thankyou to sue for her comments.
and also anette thanks for the ideas,it would be just felicity and i that would be settling in costamber as our children have flown the nest,however our house would be very full at xmas with our extended family of ten,then there are all the grandchildren hehe,my sons said they prefer it cold at xmas!haha!i am sure they will change their minds if it means being together at xmastime.
as for the buisness,wouldnt open a restaurant,but a nice pub that does quality pub food,but i wouldnt want to step on anyones toes,or cause tensions.what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: buisiness opportunities   buisiness opportunities Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

buisiness opportunities
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Costambar Community Forum :: General Discussions :: The Lighter Side of Costambar-
Jump to: