Costambar Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Costambar Community Forum

Costambar is a beach community located in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterForum RulesLog in

The Joys of Christmas in Costambar

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

The Joys of Christmas in Costambar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Joys of Christmas in Costambar   The Joys of Christmas in Costambar Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 11:12 pm

Deleted
Back to top Go down
Louise

PostSubject: Re: The Joys of Christmas in Costambar   The Joys of Christmas in Costambar Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:28 pm

Hi all, Christmas is a time to be with the ones you love, and I have the one I love with me at all times, to all the families out there who are not able to be with us at this very special time, our hearts go out to you.
God bless you all.

Love Mark and Louise xxxx
Back to top Go down
austin p

PostSubject: re the joys   The Joys of Christmas in Costambar Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:17 am

hi austin here,sorry we were not able to post yesterday,family commitments,xmas etc........
first thanks to suzb for your lovely massage.your faith and commiitment to the church is a beautiful thing,and to sue hi my friend,maybe when we make our move,we can all go to church together,got lots to do as we have family staying.cant neglect them.so bye for now.
Back to top Go down
sue

PostSubject: Re: The Joys of Christmas in Costambar   The Joys of Christmas in Costambar Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 8:26 pm

Same to you Suzanne
I would like to talk to you as I miss my church so much when here,so if ok with you ladies who go would love to Join you one week

Sue xx santa
Back to top Go down
suzb

PostSubject: Re: The Joys of Christmas in Costambar   The Joys of Christmas in Costambar Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 11:26 am

Well reading all your posts is very inspiring.
Our Christmas here in Michigan is all about family and friends. I sing at the Choir in our Church. We sing a beautiful Christmas Eve Mass if I may say so myself, and then again on Christmas morning at 10AM.
Lord knows there are plenty of charities to support. My children choose a charity and instead of gifts to one another they send the monies to the charity they choose each year.
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas.
Back to top Go down
austin p

PostSubject: Re: The Joys of Christmas in Costambar   The Joys of Christmas in Costambar Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 1:07 pm

hi,sue thanks for your comment,helping these kids is as close to our hearts as it is to yours,we know that people who havent had children might not understand the passion we have to help children all over the world but they are our future! love to make a difference in costamber,fight the good fight together!
Back to top Go down
sue

PostSubject: tounge in cheek   The Joys of Christmas in Costambar Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 11:28 am

Hi Austin
The comments I made were meant to be just what the title says lol
We also raise funds for a local orphanage but always room for one more Very Happy you have to see some of the poverty here first hand to understand it,but it is getting better slow but sure, I have been into some of the worste places I have ever seen ( called bateys) not sure if thats how to spell it google is wonderfull though it will correct it, they make the barrios (google again look high class)
Anybody coming here to help the econony is always welcome if you need anyhelp or advice in the future just ask.

Sue
Back to top Go down
austin p

PostSubject: Re: The Joys of Christmas in Costambar   The Joys of Christmas in Costambar Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:53 am

hi costamber,xmas here is very magical all the snow and crisp sunny days are beautiful!
having said that,would love to cook you all a lovely xmas dinner,with all the trimmings in our pub,turkey,ham,beef and of course roast pork!
we would pull a few crackers!!!!lol
plenty to drink goes without saying,telling stories,sounds like a blast!!!!
thats subject to not stealing anyones thunder,and of course true to the xmas spirit,it would all be on us,or donations to local orphanages which is a subject close to our hearts.hopo our plans all succeed. heres to us all,merry xmas to you all,
Back to top Go down
sue

PostSubject: Re: The Joys of Christmas in Costambar   The Joys of Christmas in Costambar Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 9:36 am

Christmas on the beach is fantastic your right, this year for us we have also got a invite to spend part of the day with a Dominican family in Munos, so looking forward to that also....
Back home the day was always spent at my house 18 to 20 family members, they still spend the day all together so one day !!!!!!! I hope to join the clan once more, I can put up with the cold ( just stay in lol )
But for now the beach with good friends and good food a small drink or 10 will do santa
bit early but a merry christmas to you all,hope the new year brings every thing you want drunken

Sue x
Back to top Go down
austin p

PostSubject: Re: The Joys of Christmas in Costambar   The Joys of Christmas in Costambar Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 7:50 am

to gymbar,what a fantastic sentiment!!!!
well done,full of the true meaning of xmas.
hope you will post your family xmas video on U TUBE with pride for the whole world to see to dispell the rumours those horrible big bullies spread.P.S
saw the pics on your blog.are you the man behind the bar and is that your lovely wife singing?
Back to top Go down
gymbar

PostSubject: The Joys of Christmas in Costambar   The Joys of Christmas in Costambar Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:51 am

With Christmas just around the corner maybe we can all share what makes this time so special for us & the town. Here's our contribution.

For Louise & myself it is about being with the one you love, having survived another year & knowing that we grow closer every day.

We both get great pleasure form having friends "around for dinner" on Christmas Eve, helping make what can be a lonely time of year for some full of joy & laughter.

It is also a time for our families, & if we can't be physically together we always make sure we can at least speak to the people who matter most, be it by phone or internet.

Christmas Day on the beach is a fantastic party & that's the time we all go into "gloat-mode" & call friends in the frozen north & utter the immortal line .... "how's the weather there?" heehee

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Joys of Christmas in Costambar   The Joys of Christmas in Costambar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Joys of Christmas in Costambar
Page 1 of 1