Costambar Community Forum

Costambar is a beach community located in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

HomePortalRegisterForum RulesLog in

Share | 

walking path

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
aida.S

PostSubject: Re: walking path   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:38 pm

]
Back to top Go down
aida.S

PostSubject: Re: walking path   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:37 pm

[
Back to top Go down
aida.S

PostSubject: Re: walking path   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:35 pm

[
Back to top Go down
aida.S

PostSubject: Re: walking path   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:34 pm

[
Back to top Go down
aida.S

PostSubject: Re: walking path   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:34 pm

[
Back to top Go down
aida.S

PostSubject: Re: walking path   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:33 pm

[
Back to top Go down
aida.S

PostSubject: Re: walking path   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:33 pm

[
Back to top Go down
aida.S

PostSubject: Re: walking path   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:32 pm

[
Back to top Go down
aida.S

PostSubject: Re: walking path   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:32 pm

[
Back to top Go down
aida.S

PostSubject: Re: walking path   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:31 pm

[
Back to top Go down
aida.S

PostSubject: Re: walking path   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:30 pm

[
Back to top Go down
aida.S

PostSubject: Re: walking path   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:29 pm

[quote="
Back to top Go down
aida.S

PostSubject: Re: walking path   Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:31 pm

out of here

Last edited by aida.S on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aida.S

PostSubject: Re: walking path   Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:17 pm

out of here

Last edited by aida.S on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: walking path   Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:20 pm

I think we are talking about different things here.

I have not spoken about people visiting the beach and I have not said we shouldn’t respect the Dominican people.

But being a Dominican is not supposed to give you the right to invade other people’s property or to put anybody’s house at risk by setting fire to trees and bushes.
How can I respect anybody, who is making his vegetable garden, building a hut and spreading garbage all over the place on land that doesn’t belong to him?
How can I respect somebody, who is coming with another 20 community members armed with machetes claiming that somebody else’s land belongs to them?

The community of Costambar is supposed to be a private community. I have nothing against people visiting the beach, but because they have to pass a PRIVATE community to reach a PUBLIC beach I think it should be possible to expect a reasonable behavior without being blamed for not respecting the Dominican people.
They should be forced to respect us too if they want to pass through our community.

Maybe you like the hell, which is created on the beach every weekend with music so lout that it can drive anybody crazy. As a matter of fact this behavior is not allowed on public beaches in this country according to Dominican law. Why is it allowed in Costambar then? They throw bottles in your yard and pool; they pie at you garage door and scream and shout and spread their garbage all over the place.
Can’t we await a little respect too?

The walking path is a PATH initially made for the fishermen to have asses to the beach – WALKING.
Uncontrolled asses will be a disaster not only because of thieves and robberies, but because of the mess it will create.
If the people from Cafemba claim to be the owner of the path and nobody does anything to cut this behavior, we all know what will happen:
The “smartest” guy of the group will start dividing the land along the path and if he is “smart” enough he will even start selling it... That was done at the beginning of the path already. They will slowly cut all the trees and make vegetable gardens. Then they bring horses and chickens and finally they will build huts all over the place. And garbage and more garbage…They will burn their garbage and the smoke and disgusting smell will make it impossible to breath at that end of Costambar..

Do I really have to LIKE things like that to gain the respect of the Dominican people?
I don’t think so.
Back to top Go down
gymbar

PostSubject: Re: walking path   Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:03 pm

There are many problems in Costambar, but I believe that many of them are imagined because people don't fully understand the situation & when they have a lot of time to worry, come to the wrong conclusions.

The fact is that the vast majority of crimes in the whole world are commited by people the victims know, not strangers. By way of example we have been victims of two crimes this year.

In May our dog was murdered, poisoned by our neighbour.

In July a woman tried to break into our apartment & was scared off by my wife. This woman was known to APC security.

In both cases the perpetrators are still at large, the Police, whose responsibility it is to enforce the Law, were useless & did nothing.

I was once told "your best security are your staff".

WE should all be careful of who we let into our homes - how many men have you heard of who have been robbed by whores?

WE need to ensure our properties are secure.

WE need to treat people we meet, Dominican & gringo, with caution & respect. Many Dominicans have nothing & to them we have everything. If we take the time to understand each other maybe our lives will be enriched by these wonderful people & they in turn will see that we are just like them. People who are or have worked hard to survive in a harsh world & provide what we can for our families.

If they see us as kindred spirits & not "walking ATMs" maybe they will think twice about harming us.

Having said that some people are beyond redemption - i.e. the b*tch who poisoned my dog. But she's not Dominican .....
Back to top Go down
aida.S

PostSubject: Re: walking path   Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:27 am

out of here

Last edited by aida.S on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gymbar

PostSubject: Re: walking path   Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:53 am

Because we have a beach & the beaches belong to the Dominicans.

Security can stop people leaving & can apprehend criminals in the act, but they legally can't stop anybody who wants to, or says they want to, go to the beach.

If you want to exclude Dominicans from your community move inland. My parents live in an inland community, no motos can enter & we even have problems getting in to visit them sometimes.

We live in the Dominican Republic & by law the Dominicans can use the beach - it's only about 60 days a year that the beach is full. Personally I like it because in summer Costambar is Gods' Waiting Room the rest of the week lol.
Back to top Go down
aida.S

PostSubject: Re: walking path   Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:05 am

out of here

Last edited by aida.S on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: walking path   Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:15 pm

Apparently the walking path now belongs to the community of Cafemba!

Although the walking path clearly belongs to the area of Costambar, the path has been taken by the community of Cafemba and nobody seams to care about this problem.

A few days ago several members of the Cafemba community went through the path with the local press (Circuito Musa). They claimed to be the owner of the path.

Today about 20 residents from Cafemba came at 9 o’clock in the morning and started to clean THEIR path, all armed with machetes.
They cut all the borders and made the path wider and they talked about bringing machinery to straighten out the ground in order for cars and other vehicles to pass on THEIR path.
They started to set part of the path on fire. I started to object very loud and they said it was only a one time issue to get rid of insects.
Half an hour later they started another fire and it went totally out of their control.
They burned down most of the lot next to my neighbor’s house, the surroundings of the path and even part of the mangroves.
The flames were higher than our houses and the fire went in the direction of my neighbor’s house and we couldn’t see anything because of the smoke.
The people from Cafemba ran away!

At 9 o’clock, when the people started to cut I called the APC office for information. Apparently another employee was hired for the office and he was alone at the office. He didn’t know anything about any path and he had no idea of where that path is situated!
After having insisted for quite a while he promised to send the security guards to check what was going on. Nobody came!
When the big fire started I called again and this time I was desperate! This time he sent a security guard.
At least this security guard managed to catch some of the people and armed with big palm leaves they avoided the fire to continue up to the houses.
Nobody cared about the mangroves and everybody left although there were high flames very near the mangroves.
The flames died out after half an hour, because of the water and humidity from the river I suppose.

If you take a walk along Calle Mella you cannot see the burned area, because the street border hasn’t been cut down for months and is taller than a man. But if you go behind the border you can see very clearly, what has been done.

So now the path belongs to Cafemba!
Everybody has direct asses to Costambar even with cars and motorcycles. Approximately 200 meter of land is wide open from the path into Costambar, so we actually don’t need a guarded entrance gate any longer!
Now that the land was burned down I suppose they will use the land to build more huts and vegetable gardens.
This should be brought to the attendance of the authorities, but as the guard said “who cares?” Sleep
Back to top Go down
aida.S

PostSubject: Re: walking path   Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:45 am

out of here

Last edited by aida.S on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Barb
Admin

PostSubject: Walking Path   Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:09 am

I have posted the expense and income report 2007/2008 of walking path project and the map of the area. To view this information click on the Gallery - Category 'Walking Path'. Thank you Aida for providing this information.
Back to top Go down
http://apccostambar.forumotion.com
aida.S

PostSubject: Re: walking path   Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:56 pm

out of here

Last edited by aida.S on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
suzb

PostSubject: Re: walking path   Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:46 am

Excuse my ignorance! But I can't help but wonder why we would go thru all the extra expense when the people going to the Beach can just come in thru the main gate, since the revolving gate will be right next to it, if I understand correctly where it would be placed.
If the the property the black gate is on belongs to Mr Vallerino's company that is maybe why the present board never followed thru with using it, is that what happened??? I could not understand why such a seemingly perfect project was abandoned. I know Sandra Rodriguez and Liana spent a great deal of time on it and it was developing beautifully.
Thank you for taking the trouble to look into this Aida I hope people respond with lots of ideas.
Back to top Go down
aida.S

PostSubject: Re: walking path   Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:47 pm

out of here

Last edited by aida.S on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: walking path   

Back to top Go down

walking path
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next