Costambar Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Costambar Community Forum

Costambar is a beach community located in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterForum RulesLog in

So Dear Leader. Where are the minutes and financials ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
stephenncullen

So Dear Leader. Where are the minutes and financials ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Dear Leader. Where are the minutes and financials ?   So Dear Leader. Where are the minutes and financials ? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:53 pm

Thanks Don for your confidence. Apart from being a retired international banker, I do indeed have some experience as past Treasurer of such entities as Mombasa Sea Angling Club, East Africa, the Junior Chamber of Commerce in Santo Domingo and my local Kiwanis Club in Canada. I would be very willing to assist in any way I can.

I have now received statements for the first quarter. What I think needs to be added is comparison to budget and an explanation of variances. Also a view on the outlook and trend for the balance of the year. This info should be provided each quarter and distributed to contributing members. The annual reports should be audited.
Back to top Go down
Don Docker

PostSubject: Re: So Dear Leader. Where are the minutes and financials ?   So Dear Leader. Where are the minutes and financials ? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Stanley:
If I may make a suggestion. I know Bob Curtis and Stephen Cullen have extensive professional experience that might assist you in your pursuit of
credible financial information. Bob designed accounting systems, among others, and spent his career as a systems consultant. Stephen on the other hand
was a senior executive bank official with one the Canadian Charter Banks, so you would be in good hands if you worked together. It can't take more than 15
minutes to call up the information, and then you settle down to attest for accuracy and establish a level of credibility satisfactory to those of us who have paid
into APC for many years.

Working together. It has a nice ring and we would be able to rest assured we weren't getting another snow job.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So Dear Leader. Where are the minutes and financials ?   So Dear Leader. Where are the minutes and financials ? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:38 am

We have not requested the first quarter 2012 financials, as even a cursory reading of the post would indicate. Furthermore, a 'massaged' version of the financials, such as those foisted on the community over the last two years, is not what has been requested. There should be no need to explain to you, as Treasurer, what has been requested. Nevertheless, I will try:
1. Go to the main QuickBooks menu
2. Select "Reports"
3. Select "Profit & Loss"
4. Enter the starting date (e.g. 01/01/2011)
5. Enter the ending date: (e.g. 12/31/2011)
6. Press "Enter"
See, that's not very hard, is it.
In summary, stop stalling. The information is already in the files. What are you hiding?
Back to top Go down
StanleyMC

PostSubject: Quarterlies   So Dear Leader. Where are the minutes and financials ? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 5:04 pm

Hi Bob,

as per your request, a copy of the revenues and expenditure for the first quarter of 2012 will be posted on the APC office notice board for your perusal as of Tuesday 10th of April.

Respectfully

Stanley
Back to top Go down
StanleyMC

PostSubject: Re: So Dear Leader. Where are the minutes and financials ?   So Dear Leader. Where are the minutes and financials ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Hi Bob,
I had no information of your request of the 15 th March, for sure Bethania is always busy and if your requwest was verbal it may have been forgotten. I would suggest you send all future requests by email to Bethania, marked for my attention and to be forwarded to me.
I will do my best to answer as time allows.

There will be a profit and loss statement published for the first three months of 2012 as soon as all relevant data is acquired. Hopefully next week.

As stated previously the audited accounts will be published as soon as they available from the external accounting company.

Stanley

Back to top Go down
Bob
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So Dear Leader. Where are the minutes and financials ?   So Dear Leader. Where are the minutes and financials ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:50 pm

As a public service, I have supplied an email from the Unity Group which addresses the absence of a audit-able Profit & Loss statement. This request was handed in at the APC office on March 15th.
====================================================================
After a series of requests were made to the APC office seeking 2011 financial data went unanswered, we were eventually told that Yash had decreed that NO information was to be supplied until AFTER the election. We again made a request after February 7th and (after similar delays) were subsequently informed that ALL requests for information had to be supplied in writing and in Spanish. The following letter is that request, in English and Spanish.

Please note that the requested "Profit & Loss" (P&L) report has been distributed at the annual meeting for many years. The first pages of the P&L have been attached for 2007, 2008 and 2009 to confirm this. In addition, the first page of the 4th quarter P&L for 2010 is also attached, lest it be suggested that this standard Quickbooks feature was no longer available.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TO: APC
FROM:Unity Group: DON DOCKER, LIANA SWERDLIN, PAT KRUCHTEN, BOB CURTIS, RAF BELLIARD, JACK CAMERON , COLIN OLLIVER , BEATRIZ SKEET, ANN WALSH

SUBJECT: Request for Financial Data

Please supply:
1. In machine readable form, all of the Accounts Receivable detail transactions entered during 2011. Quickbooks can easily create this file as an Excel spreadsheet. This spreadsheet should be either emailed to me as an attachment (rdc_mmc@yahoo.com) or copied to a memory stick which I will supply.
2. As a printed report, the "Profit & Loss" statements for 2010 & 2011. This report is also readily available through normal Quickbook commands.
-------------------------------------------------

03/15/12

A: Oficina de APC.

DE: Unity Group: DON DOCKER, LIANA SWERDLIN, PAT KRUCHTEN, BOB CURTIS, RAF BELLIARD, JACK CAMERON , COLIN OLLIVER , BEATRIZ SKEET, ANN WALSH

ASUNTO: Solicitud de informacion financiera correspondiente al ano 2011.

Tengase la gran bondad de facilitarme los siguientes documentos:

1- Todas las transacciones de cuentas por cobrar del ano 2011, en forma legible por una computadora. Quickbook puede crear este archivo como una planilla de calculo Excel. Se me puede enviar esta informacion/planilla por correo electronico como un attachment, a: unitycostambar2014@gmail.com, copiarse en un memory stick que yo podria proporcionar.

2- Un informe impreso de las entradas y gastos correspondientes al ano 2011. Este informe tambien esta disponible a traves de comandos normales de Quickbook.

Gracias por adelantado.

Back to top Go down
stephenncullen

PostSubject: So Dear Leader. Where are the minutes and financials ?   So Dear Leader. Where are the minutes and financials ? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:25 pm

I don't see a copy of the audited financials, which as you very well know are required by law 122-05 ( under which APC is now constituted) to be presented at the annual meeting. Also it would be helpful and informative to see the minutes.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Dear Leader. Where are the minutes and financials ?   So Dear Leader. Where are the minutes and financials ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So Dear Leader. Where are the minutes and financials ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Costambar Community Forum :: Notices :: APC Notices-
Jump to: