Costambar Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Costambar Community Forum

Costambar is a beach community located in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterForum RulesLog in

Renewing Residencia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ann walsh

Renewing Residencia Empty
PostSubject: Renewing Residencia   Renewing Residencia Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 10:23 am

The Dr Gov is making holders of Residendcias go through the whole renewal process. First you have to take a copy of your Cedula and Matricula (car license) to the Banca Reserva. pay 330peso. Then take receipt to the Court House - first turn Right in court, have copies made - the go to Left. Leave docs for couple of hours, for ok and also for a police clearance cert.
NB Make sure your arms are covered and you are not wearing sandals when you go to Court.
Then you'll have to go to Santo Domingo for all the rest and it will cost you 22,500 peso!
Also, you passport has to have 18 months left on it!
Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: Re: Renewing Residencia   Renewing Residencia Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 9:29 pm

I don’t understand what you are saying. Is this for ALL foreigners or only for American Citizens ??
I renewed my residency around 6 months ago and I just went to Santo Domingo - the usual place and everything took 1 hour or a bit more - however not at all the waiting time like before.
I could choose for how many years I wanted the Residency - paying an amount for each year. I don’t remember the exact amount , but I think it was around 3000 pesos per year. I paid something like 13.000 pesos and I got residency for 4 years if I remember right. I did not bring more cash or I would have chosen 10 years…………Did something change? Or is it different - depending on your nationality. I am from Denmark and I don’t think, that Denmark has any special agreement like Spain for example. My husband is Spanish and he can go to a separate office and he is out of there much faster……………Very Happy

Note: Don’t go to any court house in Bermuda shorts  (short pants) - even nice ones.. They don’t let you in…..( I am thinking about the men here…)
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: Re: Renewing Residencia   Renewing Residencia Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 9:37 pm

And you can wear sandals - however nice ones…(thinking about the women here)  You don’t need to wear closed shoes at all, but  they don’t let you in with flip flops or beach sandals or whatever you call them…lol!
Back to top Go down
MarLou

PostSubject: This may interest you   Renewing Residencia Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 11:20 pm

A friend of ours renews his Dominican driving licence every year without any problem ..... his residencia expired in 1997!

As we all know, the driving licence is the only document of any value since you aren't insured if you aren't a resident after 3 months in the country!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Renewing Residencia   Renewing Residencia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Renewing Residencia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Costambar Community Forum :: General Discussions :: Useful Information-
Jump to: