Costambar Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Costambar Community Forum

Costambar is a beach community located in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterForum RulesLog in

CISTERNA CLEANING

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Don D.

CISTERNA CLEANING Empty
PostSubject: Re: CISTERNA CLEANING   CISTERNA CLEANING Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:41 pm

We normally get an ample suppky of water at our house about three times a week. That is interrupted if there have been heavy rains and CORAPLAATA's filters are plugged up with silt.

The opposite problem occurs, as it is right now, with too little rain. We got water once in two weeks, but only after we spoke to CORAPLAATA who had opened the key earlier in the day but turned it off before the water got to us. As you know it's a gravity feed from the cistern under the old Sales Office. It still took two truck loads to get us back in action. Yes there is a scarcity right now.

Your water table may have shifted, as they will, since I haven't heard of other well owners with the same problem.
Back to top Go down
suzb

CISTERNA CLEANING Empty
PostSubject: Re: CISTERNA CLEANING   CISTERNA CLEANING Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:57 am

Yes Don it turns out when I spoke with her yesterday that the problem is the well not the cistern. I guess it produces water for 1/2 hour at a time and then it runs out. The pump has been replaced a few months ago and what you mention is most likely what happened to it. The electrician must have spoken with the drilling people and that is where the price came from. I will wait to do anything until I get to Costambar, she seems to have enough water at the moment. Is anyone else running out of water also? Does drilling lower solve the problem usually? As you know Guyacanes does not get water from the City ever. Well let's hope that when the rains come the water table will replenish. First time this ever happened in all the years we have been there.
Thank you to Claudia and you for looking into it.
Back to top Go down
Don D.

CISTERNA CLEANING Empty
PostSubject: Re: CISTERNA CLEANING   CISTERNA CLEANING Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 10:19 am

Hi Suzanne, hope that you are well. Claudia sent Blanco to have a look at your cistern and your maid told him that it was not the cistern but that you wanted cleaned but the well. There were a couple of people last year who had silt and sand in their water, and then no water. the pump burned out in those cases. This was because of no rain and the water table had gone down by one foot. So let us know what you need cleaned. The well would require a drilling outfit, like the one that put the well there in the first place.
Back to top Go down
suzb

CISTERNA CLEANING Empty
PostSubject: CISTERNA CLEANING   CISTERNA CLEANING Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:34 am

I need to get my cistern cleaned and my maid is getting some huge bids. Does anyone know what the approximate cost should be? Is there anyone you could recommend?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CISTERNA CLEANING Empty
PostSubject: Re: CISTERNA CLEANING   CISTERNA CLEANING Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CISTERNA CLEANING
Page 1 of 1