Costambar Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Costambar Community Forum

Costambar is a beach community located in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterForum RulesLog in

Dog poisoner at large once more

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anette K.N.

Dog poisoner at large once more Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog poisoner at large once more   Dog poisoner at large once more Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 6:16 pm

I am definitely against the poisoning of any animal and I would be very unhappy if this should happen to my dog.

However - I cannot walk my dog in Costambar - even attached to a line... There are so many people letting their dogs run loose ALL over Costambar.. I just cannot control my Rottweiler if several dogs come running towards us. I do not have the strength to hold my dog in such situations. Some years ago I had a small Cocker and I was bitten in my hand by a loose Rottweiler, who wanted to attack my little dog..

As an example: Try to take a walk early in the morning passing Sole Mio. Several dogs start barking and angry they start running towards you. I really feel intimidated..

So I would kindly ask EVERYBODY to keep their dogs INSIDE their property.
Why can't EVERYBODY walk their dogs like everywhere else in the world?
Somebody once said to me : "I want my dog to have a free life".. But what about my freedom?
Back to top Go down
gymbar

PostSubject: Take responsibility for your dogs people!   Dog poisoner at large once more Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 12:44 am

The dog poisoners are back!

It appears that some dogs were poisoned yesterday.

Now here's the Law in the DR

If a dog isn't in your own private property IT ISN'T ILLEGAL TO POISON IT!

As far as the Law is concerned, if your dog is on public or communal land it is fair game.

So ....

Be a responsible parent & supervise your "kids" whenever they are out of the house or face the - unsavoury - consequences!

Two years ago our German Shepherd was murdered on our own property. 4 other dogs were killed that night too, as they were out in the communal grounds of our condo building, but their "owners" were had no legal recourse because under the Law their dogs were strays.

"Justice" ........ Dominican style.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Back to top Go down
sue

PostSubject: again and again   Dog poisoner at large once more Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:22 pm

Yet more dogs being poisoned!!!!!!!!
Sruffy who we named because of his look Sad lost his life last night
then a man told us his female dog who had just had3 pups had died from the same the pups were 7 days old at the time
the pups are 10 days old now and being hand reared one of them by me,will they make it ??? who knows but if not then the b****** who did this sure got value for money.
I watched a sweet young dog die last night in the worst way ever hope whoever it is rots in hell
so please all dog owners be carefull yet again
Sue
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: Re: Dog poisoner at large once more   Dog poisoner at large once more Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 10:26 pm

Well, one should actually install a camera at the spot.
You can find cheap cameras and if I am not mistaken they can be connected to your computer.
I am not an expert at all, but it might be worth looking into this possibility, because it has happened before at your place I remember..
Then you might catch the guy(s)!
Good luck!
Back to top Go down
sue

PostSubject: Re: Dog poisoner at large once more   Dog poisoner at large once more Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 3:20 pm

I know just wish I could be behind them when they do it Sad
Back to top Go down
gymbar

PostSubject: Re: Dog poisoner at large once more   Dog poisoner at large once more Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 2:03 pm

We know who it is - proving it is the hard part Sue :-/
Back to top Go down
sue

PostSubject: Dog poisoner at large once more   Dog poisoner at large once more Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:07 pm

It seems the poisoner is at large once more, Last night the dog next door to me was poisoned ( think shes ok will find out later )
Also we have had a dog coming into the cafe for the last couple of weeks. hes not been seen for a few days now so we are thinking the worst, hope not he is such a nice dog and we were hopeing he would join our happy band.....

As a pet owner I for one am angry that this keeps happening the animals suffer a lot before they die,also when poison is placed on the ground children are in danger of picking it up, keep your eyes open pet owners lets see if we can catch this person Twisted Evil
Sue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dog poisoner at large once more   Dog poisoner at large once more Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dog poisoner at large once more
Page 1 of 1