Costambar Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Costambar Community Forum

Costambar is a beach community located in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterForum RulesLog in

Edenorte - LIGHT

Go down 
+3
suzb
gymbar
Anette K.N.
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
suzb

Edenorte - LIGHT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edenorte - LIGHT   Edenorte - LIGHT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:59 pm

Thank you for that information. I have always paid via phone even when I am in the D.R. since I do not receive an invoice.
What I was not sure of were the cut off dates especially recently, and all of a sudden I was occasionally being cut-off.

Back to top Go down
gymbar

PostSubject: Re: Edenorte - LIGHT   Edenorte - LIGHT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:52 pm

We get a bill most months. I have no knowledge of phone/internet payment methods since we go into town to pay at the offices. All I do know is that the account can be paid after the 13th of the month since it takes that long for the system to be updated with that month's meter reading.
Back to top Go down
suzb

PostSubject: Re: Edenorte - LIGHT   Edenorte - LIGHT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:13 pm

Thank you for that information. Do you receive a monthly invoice?
When I call to get the amount owed I always get now "No tiene factura pendiente" once I speak to a person I can then pay my bill, do you happen to know what the problem is that the system does not give you an amount owed for that month?
Back to top Go down
gymbar

PostSubject: Re: Edenorte - LIGHT   Edenorte - LIGHT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:29 am

Suzanne
The cut-off date has traditionally been the 6th of the month - the day they read the meters.

The other month they changed it to the 5th ......... & sent cut-off crews out at the crack of dawn. Lots of people were cut that day & Edeidiote made RD300 per account - easy money!
Back to top Go down
suzb

PostSubject: Re: Edenorte - LIGHT   Edenorte - LIGHT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 4:46 pm

I must say that it is depressing that instead of the power getting better it is getting worse.
Yes they are very quick to cut the power I am told the cutoff day is the 18th of the month and if you haven't paid by then, they cutoff the power. Last month I had a problem when calling Edenorte they kept telling me I didn't owe anything so I couldn't pay them, well by the 25th they cut my electricity.
AND I hardly ever get a bill, can only find what I owe by calling.
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: Re: Edenorte - LIGHT   Edenorte - LIGHT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 11:03 pm

And by the way: You cannot avoid paying your Edenorte bill, because they cut your light at once.. They don’t even ring your bell to ask if there is a misunderstanding. For that they are incredible efficient…
If you mean, that less people pay and instead they steal the light it is another question. How difficult can it be to cut the light , where the people steal the light? It is very easy, but nobody cares.
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: Re: Edenorte - LIGHT   Edenorte - LIGHT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:56 pm

You know, it is not about having a generator or an inverter really - I do have both… And I also know the cost of both..
I find it comfortable with a generator that goes on and off automatically and I can use everything as normal.. I am concerned about the contamination, but who cares about that anyway in this country ?
If we are talking about 3 or 4 hours black out it is indeed comfortable to know the schedule , however we have come to a point, that I feel humiliated having to be happy for receiving a schedule for around 12 hours black out… Come on.. And if they are telling us 9 hours black out, they are simply not telling the truth, because it is EVERY DAY and 10 to 12 hours and even longer..
I guess the only solution is to move out of Costambar or maybe we have to burn tires and close the main road at the bridge for a whole day or two..
I posted this question if somebody might have any kind of information about meetings with Edenorte or whatever..
Back to top Go down
gymbar

PostSubject: Re: Edenorte - LIGHT   Edenorte - LIGHT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 11:58 am

The only definitive information I have is the link to the CDEE website where you can get the blackout schedule & monthly breakdown of % paid, lost, billed etc.

http://www.circuitos.gob.do/infCircuito.aspx

The code for Costambar is ZFPP401

Fore-knowledge of when powercuts are due is very valuable since it allows us to plan & anticipate if there is a problem - e.g. if the power goes off at the wrong time maybe there's a fault.

It is interesting though that since we were told Costambar was moving to be a 24 hour circuit the daily powercuts have gone from 4 hour schedule to 9 hours!

Possible reasons for this?

1/ No snowbirds & Edeidiote are too thick to realise that the drop in consumption is genuine not as a result of theft ...... well it's only been going on for 30 years!

2/ Costambar & Cafemba are on the same circuit & hence our supply is linked to an external circuit.

3/ The economic troubles worldwide must have an effect on the ability of those outside - & inside! - the gates to pay. Hence there may be a drop in the percentage of people paying.

As regards your diesel consumption Anette, many have found that invertors & batteries are much cheaper to run, with generator back-up for emergencies. I recall tenants at Atlantic One telling me that when Ricardo installed invertors in the apartments to "replace" the generator their power bills dropped by over 70%!
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: Edenorte - LIGHT   Edenorte - LIGHT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 10:58 pm

Not many people are using this page. However I wonder if somebody has any kind of information he/she would like to share with the rest of us.

We have very serious black outs in Costambar - around 12 hours EVERY DAY. This has been going on for a very long time now and I just cannot find any information in Costambar, why we are punished more than ever before.
I have used 150 gallons of diesel fuel for my generator in just 1 month. Well, I use the air conditioner at night and I know this takes a lot of fuel, but still - I never used that amount of fuel before.
Furthermore the quality of the electricity is soooo bad with constant low voltage..
If anybody has any kind of information , please post it here.

It is only this part of the city - and all the way to Imbert and Altamira. The city of Puerto Plata and most barrios in Puerto Plata and even at the other side of the city - they have 24 hours light and no problems with low voltage.
This is going in the wrong direction and maybe they just want us all to leave ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edenorte - LIGHT   Edenorte - LIGHT - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Edenorte - LIGHT
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2