Costambar Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Costambar Community Forum

Costambar is a beach community located in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterForum RulesLog in

financial reports

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
aida.S

financial reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: financial reports   financial reports Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 12:01 pm

Hi everyone. I have delivered 400 of the information forms to APC’s office. Please next time you are there ask for the form to fill up. Thank you
Aida
Back to top Go down
suzb

financial reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: financial reports   financial reports Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 7:18 am

I want to suggest that besides the Income statement we could also receive a Balance sheet that would give us a better picture of the Financial status of APC.
Sorry to be asking for more. I do want to thank whoever provided the income statement for having received this much so far :-) The first thing that comes to mind is. Do we have any money in the Bank? any debts? what is the monthly income?
Back to top Go down
Barb
Admin

financial reports Empty
PostSubject: Financial Statement   financial reports Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:26 am

I have posted the Financial Statement in a new Category 'APC Financial Statements'
Back to top Go down
https://apccostambar.forumotion.com
Don D.

financial reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: financial reports   financial reports Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 1:18 pm

I'm surprised Angela doesn't have a list. I made at least one and gave it to Frederica (I'm sure) and since Bob and Angela were all here at the same time, and I met with them as a group at least once I assumed she had the list. In any event I have one or two more and if it would serve any useful purpose I can FAX one to her. It is quite long.

Yash showed me a new Income and Expense Statement this morning which is less cumbersome, and gets the job done. As I mentioned earlier that will be on the Agenda for August 19th.
Back to top Go down
Raf

financial reports Empty
PostSubject: Form suggestions.   financial reports Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 7:08 pm

Recently, Angela Schapiro wrote to me in our e-mail group, wanting some "list" for the purpose Don indicates. She also complained of not having received any after several requests.
She did not specify what lists (I believe it was about non-paying owners, but I could be wrong) she was referring to or from whom she had requested them.
In regards to Aida's form: it looks fine to me, but I would suggest to include the person's e-mail address, as today, the whole world functions through the Internet and it is a fast plus sure way of reaching most people.
Back to top Go down
Don D.

financial reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: financial reports   financial reports Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:41 am

Aida's idea is a good one as it relates to the form and a use for it.

The data base has been a problem/mess from day one, although there have been a number of attempts to make it more accurate and complete. Last season Bob Curtis agreed to work with Fredrica Johnson and Angela Schapiro to do door to door checks to try to make the data base complete and accurate. That project can start when they get back, but filling out the form as suggested is a step in the right direction.

Our computer at the office is dial up, so the costs of sending out monthly e-mails will have to be taken into consideration as would the cost of signing up to Flash with Claro.

Last week we had a man come in to do a virus check. That apparently has never been done before. We had to leave the computer on overnight to let the virus scanner do it's job. That's a bunch of viruses. The virus scanner has been installed now. It came as a surprise that we haven't had one all along.
Back to top Go down
aida.S

financial reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: financial reports   financial reports Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 7:58 am

Residents’ information sheet
Name--------------------------------------------------- owner ------- Renter---------------
Names of the family members--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address s in Costambar-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tel. home------------------------------------- Tel. Cel----------------------------------------------------------------------------
E . mail Address-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address abroad------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tel. home-----------------------------------------------Tel. Cel.------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It will be in Spanish and English.
Back to top Go down
aida.S

financial reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: financial reports   financial reports Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 11:35 pm

Great idea Raf, I will design a form and put it on the forum, if you and others could look at it and give me your suggestions. I will make plenty of copies and give them to Betania. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Raf

financial reports Empty
PostSubject: Office.   financial reports Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 8:53 pm

Aida,

Early this year, I was present at the APC office when a man walked in to pay his dues and walked out. I inquired if they (the office) had this man's postal and e-mail addresses in Costambar and abroad, as well as his e-mail address and the answer was "no" to every one of them.
I then suggested to the staff they make a little form for everybody that walks in to fill out this information, for the office's future use. I do not believe any of my advice was followed.
I believe the APC office would benefit from someone (or several interested parties) to oversee this sort of simple office procedures and make sure they get done. In the end, the office would wind up with a workable way of contacting residents/owners.
Back to top Go down
aida.S

financial reports Empty
PostSubject: financial reports   financial reports Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 4:39 pm

I have taken upon my self to start a new topic specifically for the matter of financial reports. I am posting my idea also.
The easiest way is when people go to pay their maintenance fee, Betania to create a list of their Email addresses, at the end of the month she can send the report to everyone. The entries can be in Spanish and English. I can help her do that. The questions can go to Ron the treasurer or Betania. The answers would be sent to the group so it will not be duplicated.
The profit and loss monthly report gives us a pretty good feel as what is going on and very easy to understand.

Aida
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

financial reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: financial reports   financial reports Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

financial reports
Page 1 of 1