Costambar Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Costambar Community Forum

Costambar is a beach community located in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterForum RulesLog in

This is probably futile but I'll try

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gymbar

This is probably futile but I'll try Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is probably futile but I'll try   This is probably futile but I'll try Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:13 am

This practice has been prevelant for many years as far as I can determine.
Back to top Go down
sue

PostSubject: Re: This is probably futile but I'll try   This is probably futile but I'll try Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:49 pm

Ok this is my first hit looking at this
while i agree with you its very unfair on the workers,and trust me i know working for Thomas Cook for 2 seasons i see the Drivers, Porters and a lot of hotel workers.
On the coach i ALWAYS mention the economy and how important tips are to the workers of this country, i ALWAYS tell how low the pay is and my Drivers and Porters always thanked me (and bless them tried to share,i never did)
But and there is always a but............... 5 hotels this year in player dorada have closed down all due to the economy.
Sun Village also went down for other reasons but the end result to the workers was just the same.

I can also tell you that the Hotel in Luperon were doing 2 weeks AI in the hight of the season for £420 all to protect the hotel and its workers, they also will not be paying the full christmas pay.

In England,Canada and America workers are taking 0% pay increses this is having a major effect on the Hotel industry
Many who would come here with money to spend are bringing nothing to spend.
the best hotel in PD this year was Blue Bay (no kids) so lots of teachers nursery workers stay there they were never more than 75% occupancy
some of the others were down to 25% at the hight of the season and had to almost give holidays away to stay afloat.
I am not sticking up for them and do think that the workers should get what is by rights theres
but i am just pointing out things are not always what they seem
If this is something they do when they are booming then it is wrong but if its down to the economy and just on a bad year then it has to be to protect the very people you want to protect

Sue
Back to top Go down
gymbar

PostSubject: Oh dear   This is probably futile but I'll try Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:37 pm

As I suspected nobody really gives a monkeys about the people who actually make this country function. 24 views & nobody comments - you are really all too self-obsessed to deserve the respect of the wonderful people who help make this country our home.

The WWF chose the Giant Panda as its' logo because nobody thinks the Great White Shark is cute .... these hotel workers are the Great White Shark to the "poor starving kids" the Giant Panda ... who do you think has contributed the most to the DRs' economy? Kids or hard working adults who are trying to help their families eat & have a roof over their head?

I guess nobody's got the nerve to speak their minds.....
Back to top Go down
gymbar

PostSubject: This is probably futile but I'll try   This is probably futile but I'll try Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:29 am

Please check out this page & help if you can

Thankyou

http://gymbar.blogspot.com/2009/11/heres-why-im-outraged-fuming.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is probably futile but I'll try   This is probably futile but I'll try Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is probably futile but I'll try
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Costambar Community Forum :: General Discussions :: General Topics-
Jump to: