Costambar Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Costambar Community Forum

Costambar is a beach community located in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterForum RulesLog in

Some words from an optimist:

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Raf

Some words from an optimist: Empty
PostSubject: Some words from an optimist:   Some words from an optimist: Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:53 pm

Smile After returning to Costambar following 6 months in the US, I feel that is time to stand up and say, THANK YOU to the APC Board for a job well done.
The security seems to be as good as it has ever been, the garbage collection likewise, and the high grass areas are cut. Internal road repairs have held well, and the APC crew are working diligently and productively. What more can we ask from a board who are VOLUNTEERS and are working within a limited budget and under constant scrutiny?
Some may say our elections were flawed in 2008, but although they were not perfect, they were democratic, and they were the ones we had......so let's stand behind the board we elected and try to help them do an impossible job. Costambar is a wonderful community, but we all need to get on with making it better, not wallowing in discontent over the past.
History has shown us that CONSTRUCTIVE criticism can be a very positive thing, but when DESCTRUCTIVE, can neither nurture or heal a troubled community.
I am optimistic that residents of Costambar will see that their community is worth saving, and start supporting their elected board by paying their fees. Can you imagine what our community would be without APC?
Linda Belliard
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: some words from an optimist - answer   Some words from an optimist: Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:03 pm

Hello Group

I have read Linda’s message at least 5 times, because I couldn’t really believe what I was reading!

It is wonderful that you try to look at everything from the brighter side, but there is a reality that we cannot just hide under the carpet.

It would be brilliant, if we could all come together and help each other and be good friends and together take care of our community Costambar. That was in my thoughts in the past when I joined the Board of Directors for around 4 years. I did it because I wanted to do it and because I believed in people.

What I have experienced not only during the four years I was a board member, but especially the last two years has completely crashed any kind of hope I might have had before.

Basically it is positive that some people want to do a volunteer job without receiving any kind of payment or gratitude. But – and there is a big BUT!

There are some rules, which have to be followed anytime. I agree that anybody might commit a few mistakes, because we are just human beings. BUT – and again a big BUT!

How about the sentence “the elections were not perfect, but they were democratic and they were the one we had” ????

Sorry Linda, the elections were anything else than democratic!!

I understand the problems with the elected election committee that didn’t show up, but what about having called for a meeting to let the members elect another election committee instead of having a few people just picking somebody for that task. That is not democracy! And not respecting the new election rules, which the members voted for twice, is not democratic either!

And Costambar is not looking nice the whole year around! But now, that “the important people” are arriving they do the job that is supposed to be done the whole year around.

What looks nice in Costambar and nicer than ever before is the Golf Course and the surroundings, but that is thanks to Los Mangos .

I have no faith in APC any longer and I don’t want to have anything to do with it at all.

I am paying so far, although I put my payment on hold for 6 months to show my disagreement. Nobody cared and the only thing you people saw was the fact that I didn’t pay – not the reason. Too bad!

I have the hope that a professional maintenance company can take over and I will change to a company like that. Then you can keep APC as a social club for the people who are interested in that – a social get-together. APC has lost MANY paying people and it was hard – very hard in the past to convince the people that APC is for everybody. They will definitely not believe in that one more time.

I wish you good luck.

Anette Krogh Nielsen.
Back to top Go down
aida.S

PostSubject: Re: Some words from an optimist:   Some words from an optimist: Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:33 pm

erased

Last edited by aida.S on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gymbar

PostSubject: Re: Some words from an optimist:   Some words from an optimist: Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:09 am

Linda,

Here's a security update from Condo Luperon after you & the association voted to include APC fees in the condo fees.

We have had

multiple dog murders,
one burglary,
one attempted burglary in broad daylight. The perpetrator was seen by a Board member & we suspect she also entered a unit in Laura Marcel recently while the owner was asleep,
there have been whores prancing about on the terraces of empty units.

I do however believe that, given their resources APC do a fine job. I can't envisage a viable alternative to them so it looks like we're stuck with what we have.

P.S.

Just a suggestion, but when Sandro Falla makes his rounds each month to businesses for the police "contribution" why doesn't he collect the APC fees at the same time? It would help us busy business owners save some time & APC would receive the monthly fees in good time. I know that on occasion the Gym Bar has been late in paying because we've been too busy to remember.
Back to top Go down
gymbar

PostSubject: Re: Some words from an optimist:   Some words from an optimist: Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:52 pm

AND...........

I recently heard that a battery was stolen from a car parked in one of the car ports at the condos ....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some words from an optimist:   Some words from an optimist: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some words from an optimist:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Costambar Community Forum :: Cheers and Jeers :: Cheers for the APC-
Jump to: