Costambar Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Costambar Community Forum

Costambar is a beach community located in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterForum RulesLog in

The Costambar sea wall

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anette K.N.

The Costambar sea wall Empty
PostSubject: The Costambar...   The Costambar sea wall Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:27 pm

Well, I have heard some rumors, that some of the beach vendors have objected, however this should not be the reason why the wall is not continued. As far as I understand it is because an amount was assigned for the purpose to build the wall (this amount is spent already) and until Mr. Vallarino comes back and gives his okay they cannot continue. (It sounds reasonable!)
Personally I believe they will finish the wall, but we have to wait and see!

Well, Suzanne it is indeed very hot here right now and I am very happy that I go to Denmark to a little cooler area - although it is also quite hot in part of Europe right now.
Take care.
Back to top Go down
suzb

PostSubject: Re: The Costambar sea wall   The Costambar sea wall Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 1:30 pm

So someone must have objected to the wall being built if they are waiting for approval.
Have a nice vacation Anette I hope you are going some place nice :-)
I live in a suburb of Detroit Michigan and right now it is very hot, it really feels like summer but Michigan is beautiful at this time of year. Two of my sons are in France well one is in Monaco and the other on the French Riviera they are having a wonderful time. I wish you the same.
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: The Costambar...   The Costambar sea wall Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:37 pm

They are still waiting for answers if they can continue the wall.. I was only told, that Mr. Vallarino apparently arrives soon and then they will know more.
I will go on vacation for 5 weeks this weekend, so I might not be able to give you any more information about the wall before I go. Smile
Back to top Go down
suzb

PostSubject: Re: The Costambar sea wall   The Costambar sea wall Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 3:14 pm

Thank you Anette for taking and posting the pictures! One can only be grateful for that little wall! Has the work resumed for the rest of the Beach? If not have you found out why they stopped ?
Back to top Go down
Bob
Admin

PostSubject: Thanks,   The Costambar sea wall Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 2:07 pm

Thanks Anette for posting the pictures. It proves, once again, that "one picture is worth a thousand words".
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: Te Costambar ....   The Costambar sea wall Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 9:03 pm

I have posted 3 pictures of the wall - in the Gallery under “Maps” (maybe I should have created another category, but I didn’t know exactly how to do it…) I also forgot to give one of the pictures a name , but I guess you will find it anyway..

As you can see, the wall is not that high and actually nice looking.

I have realized that they have stopped the work somewhere between El Carey and the abandoned hotel and that concerns me.
If the wall is not finished further down the beach, the cars will just use that part of the beach I guess and in this way the problem is just moved and not solved!

I have spoken to Mr. Vallarinos employee, Cristian and he is waiting for orders if they continue or not. He also sees the problem with not finishing the wall to the end of the beach, so I hope they will decide to continue.
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: The Costambar...   The Costambar sea wall Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:53 am

Good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gymbar

PostSubject: Re: The Costambar sea wall   The Costambar sea wall Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:09 am

Drove along the beach again on Sunday - the wall's coming along nicely.

We did notice how much quieter it was than usual - it appears if the Dominicans can't drive their cars onto the beach they don't play their music. Loads of bodies but not much music.
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: The Costambar sea wall   The Costambar sea wall Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:35 pm

As far as I was told by Christian, who is Mr. Vallarino´s employee for the areas, then they do have a permission to build the wall.

Mr. Vallarino´s sister had a meeting with the vendors before they started to build the wall and apparently most of the vendors agreed to accept the wall.
Now they do have some problems with a couple of vendors I was told, but nothing that cannot be solved.
According to the information I got, the wall is included in the plan to beatify Costambar.

In my personal opinion I think it is logical, that Mr. Vallarino wants to beatify the beach area also. I already wrote somewhere else on this forum, that in order to sell properties in a beach located project you need a decent and nice looking beach…

For years we talked about building such a wall along the beach, but no money were available for that purpose. Now we get the wall for free and I do appreciate that!
Why would we need to question or to watch that work ?
Back to top Go down
suzb

PostSubject: Re: The Costambar sea wall   The Costambar sea wall Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:46 pm

Not to worry I understood that the words "sea wall" were just used and meant "beach wall"
I guess my question would be why did Mr. Vallerino put up the wall? He usually has a definite reason for doing the things that he does I find it hard to believe that it is just to keep the cars from driving and parking on the Beach but....maybe I am not giving credit where credit is due.
The whole thing needs to be watched. Would he have to have received permission to build the wall and if so from whom did he get it?????
Back to top Go down
gymbar

PostSubject: Re: The Costambar sea wall   The Costambar sea wall Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Just had another look at the wall. One thing the Dominicans won't like is that they won't be able to park their cars under the trees in the shade any more. I fear they may start parking on side streets to find shade if we're not careful.
Back to top Go down
Don D.

PostSubject: Re: The Costambar sea wall   The Costambar sea wall Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 7:49 am

Suzanne:
It is a project Ing Vallerino took on, for whatever reasons, but when you see it I'm sure you will think it is an improvement. It is a stone wall that stands about 16 inches from the sand and carries along past El Carey, where it is right now, to the end of the beach. It will decrease the opportunity for people to drive their cars on the beach. There are a few vendedores objecting because they think, not without reason, that it will cut people who come by vehicle from coming to their place. On the other hand it will direct people toward the far (west) end of the beach.
Back to top Go down
gymbar

PostSubject: Re: The Costambar sea wall   The Costambar sea wall Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 2:21 am

Apparently Eddie Valerino of the golf club has paid for the wall.
Back to top Go down
gymbar

PostSubject: Re: The Costambar sea wall   The Costambar sea wall Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:06 am

Suzanne

I jokingly call it the sea wall - it's a low wall being built to stop cars from driving onto the beach, or what's left of it.

Like you say the beach is the jewel in Costambars' crown ............

& it's disappearing.
Back to top Go down
suzb

PostSubject: Re: The Costambar sea wall   The Costambar sea wall Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:46 am

Who is constructing the sea wall do you know, it must be expensive to do ???? We wouldn't want our Beach to be taken over by a commercial enterprise like what happened in Cofresi when the Hotels took over most of the beautiful Cofresi Beach, whether you use the Beach or not it is one of Costambars greatest assets. I'm surprised that no one replied to your post.
Back to top Go down
gymbar

PostSubject: The Costambar sea wall   The Costambar sea wall Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:31 pm

Driving along the beach road today I see that a small wall is being constructed - ostensibly I believe to keep the cars off the beach.

They way the beach has been eroded recently it will soon be the sea wall defence for the town.

Personally I don't give a monkeys' droppings about the beach, but if something isn't done soon to stop beach erosion APC Security will be the last thing on the Vendadores' minds ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Costambar sea wall   The Costambar sea wall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Costambar sea wall
Page 1 of 1