Costambar Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Costambar Community Forum

Costambar is a beach community located in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterForum RulesLog in

Costambar Entrance Road

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anette K.N.

Costambar Entrance Road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Costambar Entrance Road   Costambar Entrance Road Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 5:36 pm

For the first time in a couple of weeks I went through the main entrance road to Costambar.
They have actually done a lot of work at the street and it is partly asphalted. They have asphalted in both ends - close to the gate and close to the upper main road (high way) and even today Sunday they were working with the borders and drainage at the sides. The street looks wider to me now and it is all over prepared for the rest of the asphalt.
I am definitely not an engineer, but it seams to me they are doing a good job this time.

I am still concerned about the constructions being done to the left going out of Costambar. I thought that land belonged to the Heinssen family, but maybe they have sold or maybe it is not their land?? Houses are being build. One house very close to the gate is being done with blocs and cement, but others are just humble houses of wood. All the land is being leveled with material and the land was divided in smaller “lots” with wire.
I looks to me as if the barrio Javillar will go all the way up to the gate..
Somebody told me it will be businesses all kind ( Dominican way!) and if this is thru the impression going into Costambar that way will not be nice at all!
Maybe some of you have more information about these constructions?
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: Re: Costambar Entrance Road   Costambar Entrance Road Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 7:06 pm

Just to comment that they are working at the main entrance road again!
I was told that THIS TIME they are going to finish the road completely with asphalt, so let’s see if we are lucky this time!

I am concerned about the land to the left (when you go out of Costambar along the main entrance road). Before you come to the river they have divided the land in smaller parcels and some have already started to build houses ( humble houses/wood).
Does anybody know if this is going to be another barrio?
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: Costambar Entrance Road   Costambar Entrance Road Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:21 pm

I ad a link to another article in the news paper. This time it is about the entrance road.
(You can translate with Google, if you cannot read Spanish).

http://www.puertoplatahabla.com/articles.php?art_id=4879&start=1

In this article APC is claiming that either the power plant nor the Government have done anything to finish the road.

I have a comment to this one:
According to information I have received elsewhere, the power plant did the first part of the road. Apparently they made a deal with the Government to do, what has been done so far and the Government was supposed to finish the work with asphalt.

Actually the road was made a lot wider and they used a lot of material to higher the surface and make it plain.
After the recent elections NOTHING has been done at that road and NO machinery has been seen doing any kind of work there.
As usual I guess the Government is ignoring us again….

This road is really a disgrace and after the recent rain the preparation that was done weeks ago is almost completely destroyed.

Well, I use the university road, but still the main road gives us a bad image and is not exactly “inviting” anybody to invest in this community.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Costambar Entrance Road   Costambar Entrance Road Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Costambar Entrance Road
Page 1 of 1