Costambar Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Costambar Community Forum

Costambar is a beach community located in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterForum RulesLog in

COSTAMBAR TRIVIA GAMES.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Raf

COSTAMBAR TRIVIA GAMES. Empty
PostSubject: COSTAMBAR TRIVIA GAMES.   COSTAMBAR TRIVIA GAMES. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:58 am

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

The Costambar Trivia Games have resumed.

This is to advise those interested in attending and participating of significant changes, as follows:

Day of the week: Tuesday.

Starting time: 8 PM.

Location: Will alternate weekly, between the Gym Bar (starting on 1-18-11) and Bananas Restaurant.

Raf
Back to top Go down
sue

PostSubject: Re: COSTAMBAR TRIVIA GAMES.   COSTAMBAR TRIVIA GAMES. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 5:17 pm

Raf
when was this decided? and by who? I have played quiz since we got here almost 4 years ago, if quiz has been moved before or the night changed ALL the people who play have been asked what they think then the majority wins, nobody as asked Ken or myself what we think, I can also tell you a lot of others are upset by this also but they must speak up for themself.

is this is for political reasons ie APC fees? if so and i dont mean to be rude but I am just putting the facts as I see them I hope people who feel so strongly about it wont be playing golf here in costambar.

Not having a go at you Raf I guess you are just the person who as posted it, but to do this one week after quiz has started is wrong, had I known about the first one in good time We might have gone to it( we only found out about it on the grapevine) I can only assume that not being told or asked to the first one means we are not welcome
So be it hope it goes well for you all

Sue
Back to top Go down
Bob
Admin

PostSubject: is this is for political reasons ie APC fees?    COSTAMBAR TRIVIA GAMES. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:02 am

Sue, while some may wish to consider the selection of locations as 'political', others see the choice of venues as 'economic'. The two restaurants selected contribute to the APC, thereby putting less economic strain on those of us who also contribute. In other words, their dues help to keep mine lower. It only makes sense to support these restaurants with our business. This isn't 'politics', it's 'economics (101)'
Back to top Go down
Bob
Admin

PostSubject: I can only assume that not being told or asked to the first one   COSTAMBAR TRIVIA GAMES. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:26 am

Sue, please do not construe ANYTHING from your lack of knowledge re the quiz-night held last Thursday.
There was no intention of excluding you (or anyone else) from attending. The simple explanation is this: the event was not well 'advertised'. To prove this please know that:
1. the appointed quiz master only found out about her duties on Thursday morning (and did a great job, nevertheless).
2. the venue was unaware of the event, and as a result, had no food or snacks on hand.
3. Only eight people (i.e., two tables) were able to attend.
Back to top Go down
gymbar

PostSubject: Re: COSTAMBAR TRIVIA GAMES.   COSTAMBAR TRIVIA GAMES. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 1:34 pm

We were asked to hold the quiz at the bar every fortnight & were only too pleased to support this activity.

I'm not getting involved in politics, I shall leave that to others.
Back to top Go down
sue

PostSubject: Re: COSTAMBAR TRIVIA GAMES.   COSTAMBAR TRIVIA GAMES. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi Bob
I will address some of your points on another thread in a mim.
Mark I did not accuse you of being involved in the politics, its more about lack of communication and being made to feel unwelcome

Sue
Back to top Go down
gymbar

PostSubject: Re: COSTAMBAR TRIVIA GAMES.   COSTAMBAR TRIVIA GAMES. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:58 am

I know you didn't Sue - i'm just covering my back lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COSTAMBAR TRIVIA GAMES.   COSTAMBAR TRIVIA GAMES. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COSTAMBAR TRIVIA GAMES.
Page 1 of 1