Costambar Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Costambar Community Forum

Costambar is a beach community located in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterForum RulesLog in

neighborhood association meeting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anette K.N.

neighborhood association meeting Empty
PostSubject: neighborhood association   neighborhood association meeting Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:05 pm

Thank you very much Suzanne.
I have the feeling that this forum is “sleeping” and only few people are reading and writing. This is also one of the reason why I haven’t written so much.
It is like talking to myself! Smile
Back to top Go down
suzb

PostSubject: Re: neighborhood association meeting   neighborhood association meeting Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 5:34 pm

Hey Anette I wondered why we hadn't heard from you welcome back to Costambar
Back to top Go down
Anette K.N.

PostSubject: neighborhood association   neighborhood association meeting Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:53 pm

Junta de Vecinos (= neighborhood association )

In the newspaper Puerto Plata Digital today you can read that the neighborhood association for Costambar and the beach vendors was officially created as a legal institution.
You can read more here:
http://www.puertoplatadigital.com/verNoticia.aspx?Id=2255
It is in Spanish, but I guess you can translate with Google.

I was away on vacation and I didn’t join any meeting in Costambar about the neighborhood association. Maybe somebody from APC would explain how these two organizations are going to work please?
Who is in charge now? APC or the neighborhood association?

It is confusing to say at least!
As far as I understand APC stands for maintaining Costambar as a private community, however the neighborhood association wants Costambar as open as possible and not as a private and closed community.

Maybe somebody can explain to me how these two organizations are supposed to get along ? According to my opinion the authorities will stand by the neighborhood association and that will be the end of APC!
Back to top Go down
aida.S

PostSubject: neighborhood association meeting   neighborhood association meeting Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 11:20 am

I was invited to attend the meeting for neighborhood association. So glad I went. It surly was an eye opener.
At the beginning of the meeting Yash president of APC stood up to inform the people who were conducting the meeting that they were not following the rules of statutes or the bylaws of the neighborhood association, and the meeting and the election was illegal. Later Abby got up and read the article 8 to inform them of the illegalities, but no one was listening.
Have we not heard these words before? Did I not write for 2years that election bylaws of APC are in need of correction? Did not few of us told the rest of the community that the new system of election is in place but was ignored? It was sad but almost comical to watch how the APC members were in up and arm crying wrong doing yet APC’s last two elections were illegal, but no one listened.
Can not blame anyone but your selves, for allowing illegal elections, letting members to be board of directors without paying their fees accurately.
Allowing some incompetent board members of the previous board to run for this present board ,and voting in a budget and fee structure in 2009 that drove away a large part of the community.
Last election was the best opportunity to include all in the process. Best way to involve none payers to feel part of solving the problems.
Where were the APC directors last night whom are fulltime residents? So they could have been candidates for some seats and APC members by walking out from the meeting lost a wonderful opportunity to vote some APC board members in and show solidarity with community and start healing Costambar. Costambar was fractured before now it is fragmented.have nothing been learned?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: neighborhood association meeting   neighborhood association meeting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

neighborhood association meeting
Page 1 of 1