Costambar Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Costambar Community Forum

Costambar is a beach community located in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterForum RulesLog in

walking path

Go down 
+4
sue
Raf
suzb
aida.S
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
aida.S

walking path - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: walking path   walking path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 9:05 am

out of here

Last edited by aida.S on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
suzb

PostSubject: Re: walking path   walking path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 3:34 pm

I wonder if this is something the Road group "CRIC" I think is the short for it, would be interested in taking on? It seems to fit into that category! What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
Liana S

PostSubject: Re: walking path   walking path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 3:40 pm

Now that we are not allowed to put numbers on the forum, how can I give you the information that you ask for?
The generous donations collected for the surrounding Costambar Wall, and the money for the Camino Peatonal ( walking Path ) I returned all my files to the APC office before the New Ellections.
I will check with Sandra Asilis who gave us the bill in writting. This included the expense on the clearing of the land, the machinery, the cement, metal bars, the instalation of the large emergency gate for the firemen and the ambulance ect. It was a simple idea and was good for everyone. We worked every single day and we found it very rewarding. That included the meetings and support of City Hall and mostly Tourismo and the Coast Guard. I remember Suzanne and Wendy visiting our major project.
The houses build along the path were going to come down. The police had already agreed to help although they knew there was a big problem with the Fiscal of the Courts because Javielito had sold them the lots for RD$ 9.0000.00 each and that was land that did not belong to him. So Vallerino fired him!
I would like to share a small important story with you. "When Ramond Ortiz was the Sindico of Puerto Plata he came to our beach on a Sunday with his workers. The residents had aggreed that when they finish the day we would give them the tools they used, rakes, machetes, ect. We got him free black plastic bags donated by Luis Santana (Jenney's Market) and with me and other residents, he walked along every beach tree and told the people to enjoy their day, but that when they were ready to leave to please put their rubbish in the bag and put in their trashcans. The following Day we could not beleive our eyes. Our Beach looked much better.
I know for a fact that Aida worked so hard with the APC workers in the beguining of each week that she got a serious infection in one of her finguers, that we thought that the doctors will have to emputate. Please write exactly what you would like to know and I will do my best to accumulate the information you need. Thanks.
Liana.
Back to top Go down
aida.S

PostSubject: Re: walking path   walking path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 4:31 pm

out of here

Last edited by aida.S on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sue

PostSubject: Re: walking path   walking path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 3:05 pm

I also agree with Aida about the walking path so many cars on the beach road and areas around is far too many,
I cant see the problem though with them bringing food with them, when my children were small we also took food and drinks with us to the beach, if we had not done that we would not have been able to afford to go ( but we always took our rubbish home with us )
Ken and myself went to the beach a couple of Sundays ago, we both had a sandwich with fries and both had coffee the bill was RD$750 that is a lot of money, Dominicans cant afford those sort of prices so i do see why they want to bring food and drink with them. cleaning up after themselfs is a must and sorry i dont know the answer to this one

Sue
Back to top Go down
Raf

PostSubject: Walking path/camino peatonal.   walking path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 2:37 pm

I agree 100% with Aida's position on the so-called "camino peatonal or walking path".
It was indeed a sad decision to abandon this worthy project of the previous APC Board, for its advantages for Costambar were simply logical.
Perhaps those that were instrumental in its construction can give the rest of us an account about the advantages of it for Costambar and generally illuminate us in regards to all the details connected with it.
True, its implementation would have brought some significant discontent and complaints from the beach-going Dominican population, but if it had been done 2 years ago when it was ready, all that would most likely be behind us now and the public used to the new reality, as they are in other places like Cofresi and Playa Dorada.

Raf
Back to top Go down
suzb

PostSubject: Re: walking path   walking path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:19 pm

I am for your suggestions 100% they make perfect sense.
Suzanne
Back to top Go down
aida.S

PostSubject: walking path   walking path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 3:34 am

out of here

Last edited by aida.S on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: walking path   walking path - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

walking path
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2